- BatsLIVE: A collection of resources to learn about bats including, lesson plans, activities, and BatTrunk available for check out
- Every Kid Outdoors- 4th Grade Pass: All 4th graders receive a FREE America the Beautiful pass voucher that grants them and their families fee-free access to national public lands and waters. Follow the link to print the voucher and fill it out. Once filled out take it a National Park or U.S. Forest Service Visitor Center or District office and get your pass!
- Kids In Parks: Offers an expanding network of family-friendly outdoor adventures called TRACK Trails. Each TRACK Trail features self-guided brochures and signs that turn your visit into a fun and exciting outdoors experience. There are 29 Track Trails in South Dakota and the Black Hills region including Custer State Park and Black Hills National Forest.
- National Symbols Cache for the U.S. Forest Service: Includes lessons and activities for Smokey Bear, Woodsy Owl, Fire Education, and Jr. Ranger Activities
- WoLakota Project: A collaboration between the South Dakota Dept of Education and Technology & Innovation in Education to provide resources for educators to better implement Oceti Sakowin Essential Understanding and Standards.
Jr. Ranger Programs:
- Nebraska National Forests & Grasslands: Nebraska National Forests & Grasslands manages forests and grassland in Nebraska and South Dakota. Each ranger district and Hudson-Meng Education and Research Center have a unique Jr. Ranger program. They are available to download from the website link.
- National Park Service, Jr. Ranger Online: View special places within parks from your living room. Discover your favorite subjects or search for your favorite places!
Agents of Discovery
Turn screen time into green time! Agents of Discovery is a virtual education platform that encourages kids to move, play, and explore as they solve geo-triggered augmented reality challenges in parks and forests. The app is free to download from Google Play and the Apple App Store.