** Only events that require registration will be listed below. Visit our calendar to learn more about all event offerings!
Build a Bat House Workshop [Postponed due to weather from 4/23/22 to 5/14/22]
Did you know??? Jewel Cave National Monument hosts one of the largest known hibernating colonies of Townsends’s big-eared bats IN THE WORLD! Come learn the myths and facts about bats as you build your very own bat house!
- Location: Jewel Cave National Monument
- Date: May 14, 2022
- Only one box per household
- Please bring your own hammer if available
- This workshop will take place outdoors, please dress for the weather
- Pre-registration is required 11 am Registration
Back to Basics Nature Photography Workshop
Do your photos tell a story? Are you intimidated by your digital camera? Ready to start printing & framing your landscape images? Whether you’re taking pictures with a smartphone or a digital camera this workshop will include basic information to help you improve the quality of your work!
Ann Morrow of Green Owl Media and Photography will show you how to make your images stand out, using weather & light to your advantage, perspective, and why composition is important.
- Location: Wind Cave National Park Visitor Center
- Date: May 28, 2022 3pm-5pm
- This workshop will take place indoors for the beginning portion then we will head outside to practice.
- Please bring a camera or smartphone and wear clothing layers to be outside and sturdy hiking boots or shoes.
- Masks are required in the Wind Cave National Park Visitor Center
- This event is subject to cancellation due to severe weather
- Pre-registration required: Register Here