Registration is closed for 2023
About the Challenge:
BHPFA is hosting a fundraiser to help support our non-profit mission. We pride ourselves on supporting our public land partners through Education, Interpretation, and Conservation, but in order to keep doing that we need your help! Join us and public land supporters from around the country through our Virtual Hiking Challenge! Hike 128 miles* anywhere and any way you choose! Each time you hike, bike, swim, etc. you’ll advance along your journey on the Centennial Trail! Marking the 100th anniversary of statehood, we believe that The Centennial Trail perfectly represents the diversity of public lands in South Dakota with its ever-changing landscape and beautiful views. Price includes a finishers patch, sticker, a swag bag from local sponsors (tbd), and complimentary membership for non-members.
*Due to trail changes the distance of the Centennial Trail was updated from 111 to 128 miles in April of 2021.
Remember, wherever and however you choose to travel, practice Leave No Trace and protect the environment you enjoy!
How to participate:
- (Non-Members, please complete your membership application first – and, then you can login as a member and receive the Member cost for this event).
- EARLY BIRD MEMBER RATE: $20 May 1- May 12! After May 12th: members $25, non-members $55
- Email address is used to verify membership. If you need help verifying that you are an active member of BHPFA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2021 T-shirts and medals are available for $15 while supplies last!
- Your patch, sticker, swag and membership information will ship in July 2023.
- After registering you can choose to create your login with Challenge Hound. This is where you can track your miles, upload photos, and share your experiences with other hikers!
- Tag us in your social media using the #centennialtrailchallege23 or tag us @blackhillsparksnforests
The event runs from Memorial Day, May 29, 2023, to Labor Day, September 4, 2023. Miles cannot be recorded until May 29, 2023.
Anywhere! You don’t need to physically hike the South Dakota Centennial Trail. Hike your favorite trail, run laps around your neighborhood, swim laps at the city pool, bike to the grocery store! There are many ways to earn miles, as long as it’s self-supported and non-motorized. We want to celebrate physical activity, spending time outside, and exploring public lands!
What you get:
A finishers patch, sticker, swag bag from local sponsors, and a complimentary membership for non-members
Contact us at email@example.com (605)745-7020
Level 3- Through Hiker Sponsors