Retail Product Submission Guidelines
With 14 sales outlets located in the Black Hills of SD and WY and grasslands of NE, BHPFA receives numerous unsolicited product submissions, requests for product guidelines, and inquiries about a product’s approval status. As we are a non-profit cooperating partner to the National Park Service and National Forest Service, every product that we carry must have an interpretive or educational message that is approved by our partners for their locations. This page outlines the process and guidelines for submitting your product.
Retail Product Requirements
If you would like to become a BHPFA vendor, your first step is to understand what we are looking for. We receive hundreds of books, interpretive materials, and general merchandise for review every year, and many are rejected immediately because they do not meet our basic requirements. It will save us all time if you only submit products meeting the following criteria:
- The book or item must be related to the parks and areas served by BHPFA , the national parks and USFS public lands located in the areas we interpret.
- No profanity. No nudity.
- The product may not promote behavior unauthorized on public lands.
- The item must fall within BHPFA’s scope of sales.
- Items must contain some interpretive information about the area.
- The product must be of interest to visitors.
- The product or book must be well-made and of high quality.
In general, we strive to offer the visiting public high-quality educational, interpretive, and reference materials about the region. The best approach is to look at the products we already carry on our website store.
Submitting Your Product
Please send a sample of your product for review to:
BHPFA Product Review
26611 US Hwy 385
Hot Springs, SD 57747
The item will not be returned.
Product Review and Selection
You will be notified if your product successfully passes the review process and is selected as a sales item.
Product/Sales inquiries – 605-745-1164 or firstname.lastname@example.org