The Night Sky is Designed to be Used!
- Unlike coffee-table planispheres, The Night Sky is printed with dark stars on a light background, for easy nighttime readability.
- The constellations are drawn simply, emphasizing the brighter stars which makes them easy to recognize and locate with the naked eye or entry level equipment.
- Coordinate grid lines are shown without being intrusive. Coordinates are shown because they can be useful for cross referencing with star atlases.
- A selection of deep sky objects for binocular viewing is included. It is important to point out to beginners that the best first telescope is a pair of binoculars. You may already have what it takes to start observing tonight!
- The Night Sky is larger than it looks! The map scale is larger than on similar-size planispheres because the whole sky does not have to be shown on a single map. Even the 5″ pocket version is large enough to be quite readable.
The Night Sky is widely recognized by the amateur astronomy and educational communities as the overall best planisphere on the market. With instructions printed on the back for handy reference you will be locating constellations and select deep sky objects within minutes. The Night Sky is NOT a conventional planisphere! No flat map can remove all distortion, but with its pioneering two-sided design The Night Sky eliminates over 90% of the distortion inherent in conventional one-sided planispheres.
The Night Reader Pro™ is a true Astronomer’s Flashlight built with a 630nm red LED to help you read a planisphere or atlas in the dark without depleting your night vision. There is no white light option to accidentally activate so you can use the Night Reader Pro™ without worry of loosing your night vision or upsetting your neighbors at a star party. Although the light is bright enough to be used when setting up equipment, the brightness can be brought up gradually to any level desired for reading at close quarters with minimal afterimaging. The LED is shielded so the light will shine where you want it, but not directly in your eyes.
Night Reader Pro™ is made tough in the USA and carries a lifetime warranty. The standard CR2032 battery is easy to replace and will give you 36 hours or more of operation. The housing is rated IPX-4 for moisture resistance and has gold-plated contacts for reliable service. A quick-clip keychain attachment is provided to keep the light handy with fast and easy access. This light will be there when you need it and you won’t be fumbling with a split-ring attachment. With the Night Reader Pro™ clipped to a zipper on your jacket or to the strap on your binoculars you will always have a top-notch light source at the ready.
Made in U.S.A. Lifetime Warranty
David Chandler Company